How to Secure a Tiara that has Rings to the Head
How to secure a tiara that has rings to the head, is a question that we are frequently asked. Tiaras come in a few different forms and each has its own way of attaching to the head. Some tiaras have combs, some have rings, some come in a crown form and some as a frontal hair comb.
Here, we are going to show how a tiara with rings is most frequently held in the hair. It is important that the tiara is held securely and inconspicuous. We have seen and heard of other ways too, but these two are the most common. You can be creative and attach them your own way too. If you discover another efficient way, then please share it with us. We love to hear new ways and successes!
The 2 most common conventional ways are:
- by using bobbie pins
- by using an elastic band or fishing wire
Below are steps and illustrations showing application:
- Start by brushing your hair back and away from your face. You can use a brush or comb to smooth out any tangles or knots.
- Place the tiara on your head and adjust it so that it sits comfortably and is centered on your forehead.
- Follow the instructions in the image below to hold it in place.
- Once it is secured in place, you can use a light mist of hairspray to help hold it in place. Too much hairspray is not good for the hair and not good for the tiara.
- Check how the tiara looks in the mirror to make sue that it is sitting properly and securely on the head and make any adjustments necessary.
Remember to be gently when handling the tiara as it might be delicate and prone to breaking when handled roughly. With these steps, you should be able to easily secure a tiara with rings to your head.
Planning, can make the connections less conspicuous. Leaving a little hair out and available, you can first secure the tiara with the bobbie pins or elastic and afterwards, cover them with the extra small amount of hair that was intentionally left out.